Closing Date: 17/04/2023
Other Info:Posted date:
Posted / 30th March 2023
Swan Net Gundry Limited is a leading supplier to the commercial fishing industry, both in Ireland and in international markets. We have over 50 years’ experience in the design and manufacture of Pelagic and Bottom Trawling products, rope innovations, hardware development along with 15 years’ experience in marine safety. Swan Net Gundry Limited is part of the Hampidjan Group, the global leader in the design and manufacturing of nets, netting and ropes for marine applications.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual in our expanding Liferaft services division in our Castletownbere depot, Co Cork.
Our Liferaft services division primarily service and inspect the liferafts that all commercial boats are legally required to have. Our customer’s safety is the bottom line, so attention to detail and organisation is essential.
Roles and responsibilities
- Service rafts and verify that all rafts are in working condition.
- Service of Personal Flotation Devices.
- Programming of Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacons (EPIRBs) and Personal Locator Beacons (PLBs)
- Inspect the first aid kits and ensure that all items enclosed are in date and working.
- Keep a check list for all rafts and their contents, verify that all expiration dates are current.
- Cleaning containers, repairing containers, and properly labelling updated information on container.
- Write up reports following the inspection and tests and process accordingly on the system.
- Ensure all accidents, incidents, near misses and non-conformances are fully reported.
- Ensure compliance with Health & Safety guidelines and procedures.
- communicate with customers via phone and email to organise sales and returns of Liferafts.
- Enthusiastic and eager to learn
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Competitive salary
- Company Pension Scheme
- Training & professional development opportunities
Engagement Type: Permanent, Full Time