Safety at Sea
SNG have built our core business around the fishing Industry. From this aspect we have in-depth knowledge of the all aspects of a fisherman’s requirements. Safety is a fundamental part of this. We offer the full range water safety services at our Safety service stations in Killybegs, Co Donegal and Castletownbere, Co Cork.
Mullion 275 Hi-Rise Ultra Fit Lifejacket
- Ideal for offshore and extreme conditions
- Designed to combine optimum safety and comfort
- Bladder designed for optimal head support when inflated
- Jacket is designed and tailored to the contours of the wearer for a snug fit
- Actual Buoyancy = 320N
- Complies to EN ISO 12402 Standards
Hi-Tide Mullion Auto Lifejacket
- Available in hammer or Halkey Roberts mechanisms
- Durable wipe clean front and comfortable to wear
- Stainless steel belt buckles
- C/W Crotch strap
- Actual Buoyancy is 175N and complies to EN ISO 12402 Standards
Mullion Compact Supreme Lifejacket
- Wipe clean front
- C/W S/S D rings and buckles
- Automatic and manual inflation systems available
- Comfort collar padding to the back of the neck
- Actual Buoyancy is 172N and complies to EN ISO 12402 Standards
EPIRBS, PLB’S and SARTS
We supply a range of EPIRBS, PLB’s and SARTS. In-house programming and service of all beacons available from our trained staff. We supply an ACR Category 1 type PLB (simple two-step activation) which conforms to the requirements of the Code of Practice for all vessels under 15m, without the need of being integrated into a lifejacket.
Safety & Service Spares
We offer a full range of Liferafts from 4 Man to 50 Man for sale or hire. Department of Marine approved. Liferaft service station offers a quality service and quick turnaround. Contact any of our staff for details.
We are a distributor of the BIM lifejacket with integrated PLB and provide customers with assistance in getting through the Code of Practice Survey and the BIM grant application process.
SNG supply all safety related products listed on the BIM Safety Grant Scheme. When Vessel Owners go through a code of practice or survey, they are entitled to avail of a 40% or 60% grant against good purchased for the code of practice.
SNG is also a service distribution centre for BIM lifejackets. Customers can avail of the purchasing, servicing and up grading of these jackets. For quotations, grant and MMSI application forms please contact us directly.
SNG are a distributor for the world renowned Hansson Pyrotechnic group of Sweden.
This Pyro has a distinct advantage to its competitors as its time expiry date is 1 year longer than other brands. SNG have secured the capability of holding large amounts of Pyro with the local authorities and the department of justice in our custom built Pyro store.
This gives us the advantage of holding large quantities and classes of Pyro required for the marine and leisure markets. This is also gives us the ability, in co-operation with the department of defence, to dispose of time expired pyro technics. If customers are purchasing new pyro from SNG and have old pyro outside of the Hansson brand we can still provide the disposal service for these.